Pedestrian Accident Lawyer - Buena Park, CA
Pedestrian accidents occur all too often in Southern California due to its many tourist attractions, and a lot of accident victims often go underrepresented. Have a pedestrian accident lawyer help you protect your legal rights! Do not suffer for an accident that was not your fault. You deserve proper compensation.
Buena Park is one of the hottest tourist spots in Southern California. It is located in the middle of Orange County and is less than an hour away from popular tourist destinations, such as Newport Beach, Los Angeles, and Disneyland. According to Buena Park’s official website, more than 6.4 million visits have been made to the city every year, and the numbers are not showing any signs of slowing down.
As a result, foot traffic is as busy as ever in Buena Park, and pedestrian accidents have become a common occurrence. If you suffered injuries as a pedestrian due to the negligent actions of others, contact Park Accident Attorneys today. Our personal injury law firm will fight hard to recover maximum compensation for you.Contact Us
Do I Really Need a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer?
Having a pedestrian accident lawyer represent you is critical in order to get sufficient medical treatment, as well as a fair settlement. Perpetrators of a pedestrian accident, whether by accident or intention, often refuse to take responsibility for their actions. They may start blaming you, claiming that you jumped in front of them or crossed the street illegally.
These false accusations are stressful and may lower your chances of recovering a fair settlement. Moreover, the at-fault party may hire a personal injury attorney themselves. Fighting by yourself against professionals who know the law inside and out will most likely end up in an unfavorable outcome.
By working with an experienced pedestrian accident attorney, the chances of recovering maximum compensation increase significantly. Experienced personal injury attorneys know how to negotiate with insurance adjusters and are knowledgeable on what amount is a good settlement for your specific case. Moreover, having an attorney represent you will allow you to rest and focus on your recovery. You won’t have to deal with the paperwork, negotiations, and medical bills. Leave the hard work to us. We will hold the at-fault party accountable.
Why Hire Buena Park Pedestrian Accident Lawyers?
Park Accident Attorneys is an accomplished personal injury law firm with MILLIONS of dollars successfully recovered for pedestrian accident victims. We boast a success rate of 99% and know how to win pedestrian accident cases. Our experienced personal injury attorneys know how to beat insurance companies at their own game and have successfully done so throughout the years. Here is an overview of what our law firm can do for you:
- We fight hard towards maximum compensation for you and your loved ones
- No-win, no-fee policy
- 1-on-1 case reviews with our pedestrian accident attorneys
- Free case evaluations
- Proven track record of winning 99% of our cases
- Millions of dollars recovered
- Network of trusted medical personnel
- 24/7 support available
We are an award-winning law firm. Let us fight for your legal rights. You’ve already been through enough and shouldn’t have to deal with the ensuing headaches. Let us do the heavy lifting for you. You won’t have to pay a single penny until we win your pedestrian accident case! We understand the frustrations and worries associated with such accidents, and we do not wish for victims to worry about the financial aspects of it as well. Let us be your legal representation; we assure you that you’ll always be our top priority. Schedule your free consultation today!Free Consultation
What Should I Do After Experiencing a Pedestrian Accident?
Pedestrian accidents can happen to anyone unexpectedly, and therefore, it is always best to be prepared for one. Should you find yourself in such a situation, here are a few guidelines to follow as suggested by our pedestrian accident attorneys:
- Seek Medical Attention – Unlike motor vehicle-related accidents, you won’t have any physical protection around you to soften the impact. As a result, severe injuries from pedestrian accidents are a very possible outcome. Relocate to a safer location and call 911 if at all possible. If you are unable to move, ask for help from the people around you. Ask for an ambulance if necessary. Your health should always take priority over everything else.
- Call the Authorities – Once you’ve relocated to a safer location, have the police arrive at the scene. This is an important step and should not be overlooked. The police will be able to correctly assess the situation and provide an accident report.
- Gather Evidence – Ask for statements from witnesses around you while waiting. Take photos and videos of the accident scene as well as any injuries you’ve sustained. Also, try to write down as much detail as you can regarding the accident. Such information will help create a strong case for you.
- Get a Medical Examination – No matter how minuscule your injuries may seem, you should always have a doctor give you a thorough medical exam. You may have sustained internal injuries and only professional medical practitioners will be able to check for such injuries. Post-accident symptoms are very real, and immediate treatment is strongly recommended.
- Speak with a Buena Park Pedestrian Accident Lawyer – An experienced personal injury lawyer will be able to provide you with legal advice on how to proceed with the pedestrian accident. For instance, speaking to the at-fault party’s insurance company could drastically lower your potential settlement amount. Keep the details to yourself until you hire a reputable lawyer. Our pedestrian accident lawyers can help you pursue legal action against the liable party and recover sufficient compensation. See if you have a valid pedestrian accident case by scheduling a free consultation with us!
How Much Can I Receive From My Pedestrian Accident Claim?
The value of each pedestrian case differs from one another. Where, why, and how the accident occurred plays a huge role in determining the case’s worth. For example, if a pedestrian was injured as a result of someone driving while intoxicated, that case value may be worth more than another accident that resulted from a less egregious act.
In general, the more severe your injuries are, the more value your case retains. It is also important to keep documentation of everything related to your case, such as medical bills, doctor reports, and other related accident documents. The more evidence you have against the liable party, the stronger your case can be. Our law firm has been able to recover sufficient compensation in the following areas:
- Current and future medical costs – All medical expenses related to your accident can be recovered. Examples include surgery, rehabilitation, and medication costs. Any future therapy sessions may also be compensated for.
- Lost income as well as future earning potential – If you’ve had to miss work due to your injuries, you may be able to recover compensation equal to the amount you could’ve earned. Moreover, if you sustain serious injuries that prevent you from carrying out your job, you’ll be able to get compensated for lost future earning potential.
- Deteriorated quality of life – Experiencing an accident that was not your fault is frustrating. Having to deal with the physical and emotional pain associated with the accident is stressful, and we understand that.
- Loss of companionship – Serious injuries may have a negative impact on your relationship with others. Should this be the case, you may be eligible for additional compensation.
Due to the varying areas of possible compensation, it is important to hire a seasoned pedestrian accident lawyer. For example, inexperienced lawyers may be able to recover compensation for tangible damages such as medical bills but may fail when it comes to recovering intangible damages, such as emotional distress. Recovering a fair settlement amount for intangible damages is difficult because it's hard to prove. As a result, insurance companies will do their best to refute such claims and may succeed in doing so if you do not have a strong case. This is why hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer is extremely important.
If you are curious about how much your pedestrian accident case may be worth, give us a call. Our experienced lawyers will guide you through the possible outcomes. We offer free case evaluations and will be able to provide you with an estimation.Free Consultation
Main Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Accidents happen all the time and thousands of people are injured every year in Buena Park. Both drivers and pedestrians are often found to be at fault, and many of these accidents can be prevented by practicing precaution. Here are some of the leading causes of pedestrian accidents in Buena Park:
- Driving at high speeds – Speeding is dangerous and may not give the driver enough time to hit the brakes.
- Failing to yield – Although drivers are allowed to make a right turn on a red light in the state of California (unless otherwise stated), that doesn’t mean they can ignore pedestrian traffic. If the pedestrian crossing signals are on, drivers must yield and only proceed to go if it is safe to do so.
- Driving while distracted – Interacting with one’s phone while driving may prevent the driver from focusing on the road and watching for people crossing the street. By the time the driver notices, it may be too late.
- Lack of visibility – Driving under heavy weather conditions or in dark alleys may limit the driver’s vision, which may lead to a collision with a pedestrian. Opening a car door before looking behind you may also cause injury to a pedestrian if they are hit with your door.
By driving responsibly, the above accidents are absolutely preventable. However, sometimes pedestrians also share fault in accidents. For example, proceeding to walk through a crosswalk when the signal didn’t turn green is a traffic violation. Pedestrians should always keep traffic rules and be aware of their surroundings.
If both the driver and pedestrian are at fault, it is known as comparative negligence. As long as one has the right legal representation, partial compensation may still be possible. For more information on eligibility and pedestrian accident-related questions, please do not hesitate to contact our law office. We are available to speak 24/7 and offer free consultations all year long.
Common Injuries Sustained From Pedestrian Accidents
Whether your injuries are minor or severe, it is important to always have a doctor perform a full medical examination on you. There have been many instances where untreated internal damages led to permanent disabilities. This is completely preventable by visiting a nearby hospital. Moreover, having a record of your medical examinations can help strengthen your claim.
Though injuries may appear benign at first, you will never know for sure until a professional says so. You can never be too safe. Below are some of the most common pedestrian accident injuries our attorneys have handled in the past:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Broken Bones and Fractures
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Lacerations and Permanent Scars
- Internal Damages
- Emotional Distress
- Wrongful Death
If your loved one experienced a wrongful death in Orange County as a direct result of someone else's negligence, our personal injury lawyers are able to give formal legal advice for the claims process. Click here to learn more about wrongful death resulting from car accidents.
Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Buena Park
Buena Park is a vibrant city full of tourists all year long. With millions of foot traffic coming in every year, it is to no surprise that pedestrian accidents are a common occurrence. Here are some of the most dangerous intersections in Buena Park, California:
Let Us Be of Service to You
If you’ve been injured in a pedestrian accident and are suffering due to someone else’s negligence, call our law office. Park Accident Attorneys serves accident victims with dedication and hard work! We utilize proven strategies and do not settle for low settlement offers. With a 99% success rate, we are confident in recovering compensation you deserve. Contact us now!Contact Us