Motorcycle Accident Attorney - Buena Park, CA
Riding a motorcycle is as dangerous as ever, and getting into an accident as a motorcyclist can be deadly. Unlike car accidents, accidents involving motorcycle riders often cause the rider to fall off of their bikes at high speeds. As a result, fatal injuries are common and motorcycle riders often have to deal with long-lasting consequences.
At Park Accident Attorneys, our motorcycle accident lawyers work hard to recover maximum compensation for motorcycle accident victims. With our proven strategies, we have been successful in building strong cases for our clients. Our law firm understands the frustrations associated with Buena Park motorcycle accidents. This is why we fight hard to recover damages from the at-fault party.Free Consultation
Do I Need a Buena Park Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
We suggest hiring a Buena Park motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible if you are the victim. Most motorists often blame motorcyclists for auto accidents and refuse to take responsibility. Even if you are not at fault, the other motorist may hire a lawyer themself to pursue legal action against you. Fighting against legal professionals by yourself will most likely result in a losing legal battle. Consequently, you may end up in a costly situation.
Statistics tell us that most motorcycle accidents happen due to the negligence of other motorists. However, peaceful negotiations rarely happen, and attempting to recover compensation for your injuries and wrecked vehicle can be stressful. This is why it is imperative that you hire a motorcycle accident attorney. By working with an attorney, you’ll be able to protect yourself from false charges in addition to recovering damages from the liable driver. Let Park Accident Attorneys be your representation for your motorcycle accident case! We’ll protect your legal rights.
Why Should I Hire Park Accident Attorneys?
Park Accident Attorneys is an award-winning personal injury law firm. We are one of Buena Park’s leading law firms and have consistently won over 99% of our cases, including motorcycle accident cases. Our motorcycle accident attorneys have successfully recovered millions of dollars for our clients, and we continue to fight hard with a dedicated mindset. Maximum compensation is an achievable possibility with us.
Moreover, we work on a contingency fee basis. In other words, we do not charge anything until we win your case. So if you are worried about lawyer fees, rest assured! You will not have to pay anything out of pocket. Furthermore, any medical costs associated with your accident will be handled by us. We have an extensive network of well-known medical practitioners and specialists.
By hiring our motorcycle accident lawyers, you’ll be able to recover from your injuries without having to worry about all of the technical legal matters. We’ll handle all the paperwork, as well as any stressful negotiations with insurance adjusters. Should you have any questions, we offer free consultations, as well as a 24/7 support line. Let us be of service to you!
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Riding motorcycles is extremely dangerous. Although motorcycles only account for 3% of all motor vehicles in the United States, motorbike accidents take up more than 14% of all motor vehicle-related deaths. Therefore, it is important to be aware of what causes motorcycle crashes. Here are some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Irresponsible Drivers – Negligent drivers on the road pose a dangerous threat to motorcyclists. Motorcycles are much smaller in size compared to other motor vehicles, and therefore, may be hard to see. For example, distracted drivers may not notice approaching motorcyclists and proceed to switch lanes. Then, an accident ensues and leaves the motorcyclist with severe injuries. Other examples of negligent driving include interacting with a mobile device, speeding, drowsy driving, drunk driving, and aggressive driving.
- Road Hazards – Another contributing factor to motorcycle accidents is road hazards. Unlike passenger vehicles, motorcycles operate with 2 wheels only. Therefore, finding balance on top of uneven pavement is hard and may lead to involuntary shiftings of the handle. Examples of road hazards include potholes, debris, broken bumper pieces, and other objects. Though cities regularly maintain their roads for the safety of their drivers, new road hazards appear every day. Therefore, it is best to always practice precaution. Should you get into an accident due to a pothole that wasn’t repaired for weeks, you may be able to recover compensation by filing a personal injury claim against the government. Park Accident Attorneys can help you with this.
- Faulty Repairs – Sometimes, mechanics are responsible for motorcycle accidents. One mishap during repairs or maintenance can lead to a motorcycle malfunctioning. For example, failing to properly repair a motorcycle’s braking system may result in a fatal collision. Mechanics should be held responsible in these cases. We can help you pursue sufficient compensation for your damages.
If you are a victim due to any of the reasons above, let us help you get a fair settlement. You deserve compensation. Our motorcycle accident attorneys are here to guide you every step of the way. Contact us today!
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Fatal injuries are a common occurrence for motorcyclists, and victims often suffer for long periods of time. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motorcyclists are 29 times more likely to die from an accident and 4 times more likely to be injured compared to passenger vehicle occupants. These statistics prove how deadly motorcycle accidents can be. While passenger vehicles have various safety measures such as airbags, motorcycles hardly have any protective measures. The heavy impact on a motorcyclist’s body can cause various injuries, including:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Spinal Injury
- Internal Bleeding
- Amputated Limbs
- Broken Bones
- Wrongful Death
Many of these injuries are fatal and can lead to permanent damage if not treated properly. Let us help you get treatment. Free consultations are always available at our law offices.
What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
It is important to remain calm and immediately pursue the following steps as recommended by our motorcycle accident lawyers:
- Get to safety – Try to get away from traffic as soon as possible. Also, if at all possible, try to move your motorcycle off of the road to prevent further accidents.
- Call 911 – If your injuries are serious, call 911 and ask for immediate medical assistance. Your health should always be your first priority. Otherwise, ask for police presence. They’ll be able to access the situation calmly and provide you with an unbiased police report. This will be extremely helpful throughout your claim process.
- Gather information – Exchange information with the driver at fault. Ask for their name, phone number, and insurance information. Moreover, take pictures as well as videos of the accident scene and any injuries you’ve sustained. These can be used as evidence should the case escalate to litigation.
- Go to the hospital – Even if your injuries may not seem serious, always go to the hospital as soon as possible. For example, internal injuries may not be evident on the outside, but they are just as deadly as external injuries. Internal injuries that aren’t treated in time may lead to severe consequences. Furthermore, medical records can be used to further strengthen your case.
- Keep the details to yourself – An insurance adjuster from the liable party will most likely contact you and present a convenient settlement offer. Do not accept this. Insurance companies are a business, and their aim is to give out as little as possible to accident victims. We do not want this happening to you. You deserve so much more.
- Consult with a lawyer – Working with a Buena Park motorcycle accident lawyer will significantly increase the odds of maximizing the compensation you deserve. By hiring a lawyer from Park Accident Attorneys, you may be able to recover damages from various areas, such as medical expenses, lost wages, emotional distress, and more.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys have successfully recovered millions for our clients and continue to do so for underrepresented accident victims in Buena Park. If you’ve been injured through the negligent actions of another driver, give us a call and we’ll provide you with legal guidance. We offer free consultations and are always available to answer your questions.
How Much Is my Motorcycle Claim Worth?
The value of your motorcycle accident claim depends on a variety of factors. For instance, the quality of your lawyer can heavily influence the outcome of your claim’s worth. Experienced motorcycle accident lawyers may be able to maximize compensation in every area and utilize proven strategies to create a strong motorcycle accident case for you. Another factor that affects your claim’s worth is the severity of your accident. Generally, the more serious your injuries are, the higher the value of your claim. Here are some other areas that affect the value of your claim:
- Past and future medical bills
- Loss of income and future earning potential
- Vehicle repair costs
- Emotional damages
- Deteriorated quality of life
- Punitive damages
Our personal injury law firm has been able to successfully recover compensation in all the areas listed above. We are winners in this field and know how to create a strong winning case for our clients. If you are curious about the worth of your motorcycle accident claim, contact us now!Free Consultation
Who Is Liable in a Motorcycle Accident?
Liability depends on the circumstances. If both drivers merge into one lane without checking their blind spots or for oncoming traffic, both parties can be found liable. This is known as comparative negligence and may lower your final settlement amount. On the other hand, if you were injured due to the negligent actions of another driver, liability falls on that driver’s shoulders. For instance, let’s say you are on the HOV lane driving at a speed of 55mph. If another driver crosses over to the HOV lane at a speed of 5mph, an accident will most likely occur as you won’t be able to stop in time. In this case, you won’t be liable for the accident.
However, it is important to remember that common sense doesn’t work as proof in court. Legally, you are required to bring objective evidence in order to prove liability. This is why it is important to have a lawyer represent you. Even if you are the victim, it is entirely possible to lose out on compensation due to insufficient proof. In order to recover the compensation you deserve, consider scheduling a free case evaluation with one of our personal injury attorneys.
How to Prevent Motorcycle Accidents
Although it is impossible to completely prevent motorcycle accidents from happening, following the steps listed below can significantly reduce the chances of one:
- Be visible to other drivers – Try to avoid the blind spots of other drivers. Motorcycles are small in size, and therefore, many drivers fail to see motorcyclists should they constantly stay in their blind spot. We recommend either staying directly behind or in front of every vehicle as much as possible.
- Practice precaution – Adhering to traffic laws and being aware of your surroundings is always a great habit to have.
- Be responsible – Avoid driving while drowsy or intoxicated. It is every driver’s responsibility to drive safely.
Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Buena Park
Buena Park is in Orange County and is full of fun attractions with thousands of tourists visiting every year. The city encompasses hundreds of small businesses and never runs out of things to do. Although it is a great place and a safe environment to live in, there are a few intersections to be careful of when driving, such as:
Let Our Personal Injury Attorneys Help You With Your Case
Many motorcycle accident victims go underrepresented in Buena Park and suffer from the consequences of another’s negligent actions. This should not be the case. Let our experienced personal injury attorneys help you recover fair and full compensation. We do not charge any upfront fees, and we always put the interests of our clients above others. Our law firm is available to speak 24/7 and offers free consultations all year long.